It was stuffed with nicely wrapped gifts. 

L- Leaf Candle Holder (smells great)
L-Lovely Letters for the Logan Family
Again, very creative!

Then, Inger surprised me with a very nice thank you note and gift for hosting the Fall Swap. She made this cute stationary holder out of a pretty place mat. Very nice, love the stationary too!
THEN, if that wasn't enough Inger remembered my sweet children and sent them 2 books, some pumpkin gummies, and a cute little tote bag that will come in handy when we go to and from the library!

Thank you, thank you Inger! You were so thoughtful in your giving and so kind to my family! We read the books to the children tonight and they loved them. I am sure we will break into the candy and cookies tomorrow!
I am sorry about the shipping cost. Yikes! I didn't even think of shipping costs to and from California. Again, thank you !
And, by the way, were you an elementary school teacher major in college? Your writing is VERY neat-teachery!

44 comments:
I am sooo glad it got there! I got worried that the leaf candle holder would get broken! Happy Fall!!
Yes, I was an Elementary Education Major!! HaHaHaHaHa!! How funny!
I started my blog..I am a little lame at this point..but I will persist! And now I can post my Fall swap when it comes!
Cute stuff! I love the recipe idea! the coffee cake sounds absolutely amazing! making my mouth water! Yum, share the recipes!
What a nice gift!!! Inger took great care of the fall swap coordinator! That's good! Isn't it fun when you see the package waiting for you to open? I can just see you ripping into it.
Good job Inger!
Lucky girl! Lucky girl! What nice gifts. I especially like the FALL letters.
Inger, you have outdone yourself! Good job!
Oh,I love everything! And I'm with Cissie, that coffee cake sounds so good...you must post the recipe on WFDD (again, in your spare time:)
Good job, Inger! I'm going to go and check out your blog now...unless you made it private and then I guess I won't. :)
good job, Inger! I liked the packaging. Good ide with the pumpkin on the outside. I bet that just made the anticipation of opening it up even more exciting!!
Darlin' gifts, so sweet to think of the kiddos too! I believe your fall swap is a success, Miss Denise! I love seeing what everyone has received; however, some of the swappers are still "private"! What can we do about that?
Wow, Inger! Nice! My fav are the letters. Did you decorate them or did they come like that? The kids gifts were so nice, too. And thank you for sending Denise a hostess gift. So thoughtful!
Robin, two of the private blogs are my sisters and I will send them your email so they can invite you in. As far as the other two two private blogs I will see what I can do.
Also, Angela, I will send my other sister your email too so she can invite you.
You hit the jackpot Denise. What great gifts and it sounds like the time of the arrival could not have been more perfect!
All of you need to make that coffee cake! There are a lot of steps to it...but it is worth it! I make it every Christmas morning (along with the Aztec Quiche..it's EASY!)
Angela, the letters are the wooden ones from Michael's..you just decoupage them with your favorite scrapbook paper! (the thick paper works better..the thinner paper tends to bubble). My sister in law made me some that say JOY for Christmas last year! My kids all have them in their rooms.It is a fun, easy project!
Denise, I just noticed that you're reading "Atonement Child". Me too! Isn't it good? It's not as good as Redeeming Love but it still gets you.
I was wondering about seeing the "private" bloggers gifts too..maybe they could send you their pictures??
Inger, I will send them your email too.
Yes Dolly I am enjoying it. Not as much as RL or ATSB, but still VERY good read.
It was a bit scary in the first chapter, not BOO scary but thought provoking scary. You know, considering a "good" Christian living a "good" life scary, why do bad things happen to good people." Dynah's prayers to God made me cry--maybe it is the pregnancy???
Wouldn't you all be better employed making up imaginative shoeboxes for Samaritans Purse or doing something practical towards alleviating suffering in deprived local neighbourhoods. From a Christian perspective it all seems a little self indulgent and materialistic exchanging gifts with friends who don't really need them.
Thank you for the sermon, anonymous. Mind your biz...
Wow Anonymous! If your not afraid to speak your mind, don't be afraid to show your name. Come on, tell us who you are you mysterous one you.
Don't hide behind the cowardly anonymous name. If you tell us who you are, we will let you be a part of the next "indulgent and materialistic" gift exchange!
And don't forget, I have blog patrol, I can probalby figure out who you are. If fact I have a good guess right now! Thanks for the clues!
Also,my sweet anonymous friend, giving comes from the heart, and if coming from the right heart, it is usually a private matter, not a public one.
I prefer my giving to God and His ministries a private matter, not a blog worthy matter.
And, by the way, you have ties to a GREAT ministry! Go Samaritans Purse!
To Anonymous, I second what Denise said. Giving comes from the heart and you sure seem to be a judgmental one ASSuming that none of us "self indulgent, materialistic gift exchangers" give towards anything else except for those who don't need anything. That sure was a bold statement on your part. I hope you can truly look at yourself and know you're not calling the kettle black!
And PS. Lighten up a little and have some fun. Life's too short!
Hey, Anonymous... Ever heard of a secret Santa or a White Elephant? It's just a fun little gift thing that we did as friends. Do you ever spend money on your friends?! And if I was a betting girl, I'd say that we all give/donate money to our churches and other charitable causes.
By the way, Why did you mention Samaritan's Purse. Do you have a connection there or somethign?!
Don't go after my sister, cause I'll have to go after you!
I agree that life is very short, especially for the poor and starving in Africa, South America, Central Asia etc, not to mention the suffering civilians in Iraq and Afganistan. Matthew 25 springs to mind. I certainly don't assume that any of you don't give financially elsewhere. It just seems a very insular blog for Christian people to post on the Internet but then I am British so maybe it's a cultural difference.............two nations separated by a common language and all that (Oscar Wilde) !!
Certainly the craft work looks most impressive.
Donna and Dolly, you have me laughing!
Now, sweet anoni #1 (I know #2). Like I said before, thanks for the clues to who you are! I am LOVING this game!
Sweet anonymous, or annie, if that is what you are calling yourself, I KNEW your were British!
Annie, you're right...it probably IS a cultural thing. I used to live in Japan and didn't understand why they would do some of the things they did for example, always bringing a gift to someone if they invite you to their house, etc. But I appreciate the different cultures and what they have to offer.
"Annie", I hope after all of your monthly bills are paid that you give any extra monies you have to charitable causes to aid the homeless, the hungry in Africa, Afghanistan, Iraq, etc. I hope you are going to any movies or buying any lattes or stocking up on any early Christmas presents. No, I guess you wouldn't buy Christmas presents because that would be a waste of money seeing that there are hungry people in the world. Better yet, why are you wasting your money on an internet connection? That is GOOD money that could feed someone.
Whoa, Denise, I return to your blog and see some heated conversations. Reber sisters, way to come in and take your sister's back. I am just amazed by people who read random blogs and have the nerve to speak their own opinions to strangers. seriously?
Wooohoo! Cissie's in on this now:)
Denise, who is Anon #2?
I KNOW Cissie. I was just thinking the same thing. The thing is they are obviously a SP supporter which is good but seriously!? Do you know this person?
Anon #2 is JD. She was a little annoyed too!
Annie
So "the craft work looks impressive." Hmmmmm....Maybe next time I come in town, you can have lunch with me and my sisters.
"To disagree with three-fourths of the British public is one of the first requisites of sanity." Oscar Wilde.
Annie, are you part of that three-fourths?
Wow, so many gifts! I loved the books for the kids the best:) Very creative. So nice, Denise. You have done so well organizing this and you are a great communicator! We must do this again. I loved it and even have more ideas for our next time.
Denise, isn't your blog private now? How did an anonymous get in?
No, I have been un-private for a while. I had a lot of people asking it be invited all at one time, so I just went unprivate.
I know that personally we DO give to our church and MANY missionaries...and I think these other girls do too...not that it is anyone's business!!
But the point of this little exchange was to be a blessing to another person I was thrilled to have Denise as my "person", knowing that Dan is in full time ministry(as is my husband). What fun to send a package her way knowing the many nights and weekends she is probably alone taking care of her kids while her husband is MINISTERING to others!
BTW My husband flies boxes down to Mexico for Samaritan's purse ...and our family LOVES this ministry and looks forward to making up our boxes each year!
That was very nice, momogirls! Thank you for your kind words!
Yes, Momofgirls....that was probably a little nicer put than us Reber sisters put it. You mess with one and you mess with all of us. That's just the way it goes. :)
I agree, momofgirls. Very well put!
Denise, new post so we can move on from this!
Listen, whoever is quoting Oscar Wilde needs to stop...I'm a SC redneck and that don't mean nothin' to me!
"The sun will come out tomorrow, bet your bottom D-O-L-L-A-R that tomorrow..."
Jennifer, you are so funny!
Post a Comment