Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Julie's Fall Swap Gifts for Our Little Jenius!

Yesterday afternoon, Jenius found this package on her front porch! Special thanks to the delivery man, Mark, Nikki's husband. When Sweet Jenius eagerly opened her gifts from Julie, below is what she found.

A FRAME to put a nice picture of her grandchildren in.

An APRON in Fall colors with Jenius on the front of it.
And two fall dish towels to go along with it.
Special thanks to the cute little model,
my niece Grayson, my sister Dayna's oldest
daughter and first born.


A nice Pillow to LAY Jenius' sweet head on!
Wonka, wonka! A big shout out to "Daffy!"

(Love it Julie!)

A bucket of chocolate for Jenius to LAVISH herself with! And, I am sure she will!

Good job Julie! I love all the gifts! They turned out so good. Of course the pillow is my favorite! Thank you so much for treating my mother well! She deserves it!

There is only one more gift to go. It should be posted by this weekend, so check back and look for the link to the right. Have a happy Fall day!


25 comments:

Janis Reber said...

Thaks for posting this for me, Denise. Julie, I absolutely LOVE everything. When I found out you had my name, I was so excited. I know what kind of things you make! But as it turns out, I think everyone got great fall gifts! From what I've seen, everyone has been so imaginative, artistic, and and very thoughtful in their gifts. A big shout out to everyone!! And thank you, Denise, for suggesting this, and putting it all together. As if you didn't have enough to do. You're a super special person!!!

Donna said...

WOOHOO! I"m sitting here in the Denver airport and reading everyone's blogs. I LOVE Mom's gifts! Especially the Daffy pillow. That one made me laugh! Good job, Julie!

Nikki said...

Glad the gift was delivered safely. Mark will appreciate the shout out. :) Julie did do a great job for Jenius. However, I need to know about the "daffy" thing. I am curious.

Momofgirls said...

Super cute bucket...how about a step by step with PICTURES, Julie??
It would be a great teacher gift at Christmas!!

Great job!

Inger

Happy Four said...

Denise, this has been such a fun swap. I have so enjoyed what everyone gave and received. How fun!

Thanks again for all you did to secure it was a success.

Julie, the gifts you gave are fabulous.

Angela said...

Nice, creative gifts Julie! I love it all!

I can't wait to see the last gift and then vote on what we want to do next!

Did anyone listen to Focus on the Family last night? Dr. Dobson read his October newsletter on the election and it was very good. Go to this website to read it and get election info. http://www.citizenlink.org/

Kristi Smalley said...

Julie, you are so creative! You need to do a pictoral post on your blog sometime with just crafty stuff that you make. I am crafty but I have to see something first and then I copy it. I am not good at coming up with ideas at all.

Yes, you all need to explain the "Daffy" thing.

Dolly said...

JULIE DAY! Again, you outdid yourself. I love all the things you got mom and they all fit her so well. I love the apron and my favorite is the pillow as well. So funny/cute! Mom, you'll have to explain "Daffy's girl" to everyone. I don't want to mess up the story. Good job Julie!

Now, who is left? Hannie? Where is your gift for Noel? I think you're the last one left. Noel, good things come to those who wait! Just remember that!

Cissie said...

good stuff! Love the apron. i am laughing that you are posting these pictures for others. Dedicated Denise!

jday said...

Mrs. Reber, I am so glad that you liked everything! Denise was a big help. She said that you'd really like the Daffy pillow!

Okay, Kristi, I have to be completely honest- I don't know if there is a single craft thing that I have ever done that I thought up on my own! I bite ideas off of Nikki, random websites, scrapbook stores, etc... I am a GREAT copier! I will admit though, sometimes I see ideas and make them better, but I'm not the creative force that I get credit for!

I cannot believe how grown up Grayson is!!! So cute!!!I think she was 4 or 5 the last time I saw her!

And thank you Mark for being Doug Heffernan for me!!

Denise said...

Doug Heffernan!!! Good one, no really FUNNY one Julie. You made me laugh AGAIN today! Thanks!

Donna said...

Doug Heffernan! That is funny! I Love DH!

Dolly said...

Who is Doug Hefferman?

By the way, I saw the stuff Julie made in person tonight and it's even nicer in person. Especially that pillow. Mom should have taken a picture of the back of the pillow. It has three buttons that button the fabric up. SO NICE! Dad LOVED it too!

jday said...

Evidently, Dolly has a life and doesn't watch The King of Queens three times a day like I do!!

Donna said...

King of Queens is CLASSIC! Roy and I watch it and shake laughing every time.

Dolly, you mean "DAFFY" loved the pillow.

Donna said...

oh, and Arthur reminds me of Papa. Do you see it, Denise?!

Denise said...

Oh my stars YES! Sig and and Arthur are exactly the same!

Very funny show!

Janis Reber said...

OK, the Daffy thing. It's really nothing. When Danny was at Bob Jones, and working at Little Pigs Barbeque, (Jennifer, that's for you) one of the workers there called him Daffy for some reason. It just kind of stuck through the years, and sometimes I call him Daffy. My ebay name is daffs-girl.

Denise said...

Well Daffy's Gal, you have called him that at least 5 times!

Janis Reber said...

Guess I have.....wonka, wonka!!

Jennifer said...

I LOVE this sister/sister/mom banter...you guys are too funny! Jenius - thanks for the shoutout and I'm laughing at the Daffy nickname. AND, I'm laughing even harder that you just wrote WONKA WONKA...now we know where Denise gets it from! :))

Julie, Julie...GREAT, great stuff! I love the apron. In fact, I may have to go to your website and see if you sell those. I have a few people in mind that those would work for...

Donna said...

Mom? Did you just say wonka wonka?! LOL!

Unknown said...

GREAT JOB, Julie. Love it ALL!!!!

I am the final entry but Noel should have her goodies today if she didn't get them yesterday. Nothing like coming into the homeplate AFTER Julie. No pressure there at all!

Denise said...

HPS, Noel did get her gift. Actually her hubby got it. Noel is out of town and will post about it on Sunday, once she get home. Ahhh, the Fall Swap is complete! Thanks girls!

Suzanne said...

I knew Julie's gift would be good. She is so talented! I am looking forward to the next swap!