Anyway, I was just reading my usual blogs and came across my friend Hannah's husband, Max's blog--didn't know he had one and I really don't know him very well. Anyway, there was a post on there about the word "AWESOME." Let me just say that I loved his post!
There are so many buzz words that go around, especially in religious environments. I, Denise, am "born again. A follower/believer of Jesus Christ. A Christian--whatever your wording is, and more times then not, I cringe when I hear people, especially Christians, use the word AWESOME. Seriously!
In my opinion the word AWESOME should ONLY be used in association with Jesus Christ/God. Sports are not awesome. A deal at Target (love em) is not awesome. A meal is not awesome. A book, trip, a vehicle, a SPEAKER, a SERMON, a TVshow/movie is not awesome!
God and Jesus are AWESOME. Nothing can even come close to God! Nothing compares (wasn't that a song in the 90's?). God's creation of this beautiful world is awesome---the mountains, geysers, oceans, etc. God creating a baby in a mommy's belly is AWESOME! And, so is the MIRACULOUS birth. Jesus dying, being buried and RISING again is AWESOME. Jesus ascending to heaven after he rose is AWESOME. Knowing He will come again is AWESOME. Whatever your situation is, your LIFE is still AWESOME--a gift from God! Use it to honor and glorify Him!
Okay, I am done now. Thanks, Max, for the great post! Thanks for the great post (said slower shaking my head in an up and down motion).
I will leave you with a picture of a few of the AWESOME lives God has given to me and Danny! Have a good day!
8 comments:
Wow,what can I say...you said it all...I am a born again Christian thanks to YOU, DANNY and GOD!!!
Even though I never thought about the word AWESOME and I'm a user of it...I have changed my mind and from now on I agree with you, AWESOME IS HE THE MAKER OF ALL THINGS!!!!
So now that word is going to remind me of this post and how right you are!!!
I miss you guys, and I am sorry too that you could not stop by to see us, but there's always a tomorrow, and YES old BUFORD has changed quite a bit, you should have taken a look around...
Love you Denise, you and your wonderful husband and family changed my life for ever!!!!
Allie Araya.
I read the post of your friend's husband...let me tell you...HE'S A PASTOR ON THE MAKING REALLY, it got to every bone in my body!!! I'm going to have Matt read this when he gets from work, and I read the other ones too, they are "very good indeed"....I didn't use the word see....I CAN DO IT!!!
Allie Araya.
Denise, bless your heart. I must be having an emotional day but I'm in tears. I guess the Lord knew I could use a little encouragement today and He just gave it to me through you (and also your friend, Allie). If I didn't know any better, I'd think you should be a pastor's wife or something. :) Here's a big, loud Tony Evans "Amen!" to your well articulated post. I agree that Christianese is SOOOO annoying. I love the sweet picture and thank you for the "pick me up" today! It will mean so much to Max. Lots of love, Hannah
Ouch! I have to admit that I say Awesome a lot! And actually, Caroline says it once in a while. Sorry:( I never thought about it. You have probably been cringing at me for a while, huh?!
I am right with ya' Donna. I say awesome all the time. I must say this blog will make me think twice next time.
I loved this post! Denise, I've never hear you "preach" like that. You go girl! I agree with DOnna and Suzy...I say that word a lot too and you probably get annoyed with me deep down inside. I'm with Allie though, I'm going to think about this post next time I say it. That Max, I've always thought he would be a great preacher.
You girls are sweet.
Allie, we do miss Buford. I miss my house there! We miss you as neighbors! Tell Matt hello and give the girls a hug!
HPS, sorry for the tears. Tears are good sometimes, tears are good. Bless your heart.
Donna, you're funny. I cannot remember you saying awesome or Carol.
Suzy and Dot, I have never heard you say it either.
You are all good girls, all good girls!
Are you insane? lt's a word.
Post a Comment