Friday, October 9, 2009

My Fall Swap Gift!

LONG POST--Sorry!

Yesterday was My Love's fist official day of Fall Break from LU. It was a busy day, and in the midst of it all a sweet and sassy looking delivery girl holding a cute baby boy, came a'knock'in on my kitchen door. It was my sister Dolly and Baby Michael, with my Fall Swap gift from Julie!

Yippee Kie Yay-he-hooo!

I was so excited and started digging into the bags! Then Dolly said, "Whooa Nelly, aren't you gonna get some pictures." I stopped to find my camera, and "Ta daaaa," below is what I received and the notes that were attached to each!

F-Here are some FUNDS!

A-I am helping you ACCUMULATE festive fall decor! Not sure if these (pumpkins) will help compliment your new "Tom Turkey."

L-This fabulous gift is for if you ever have a LAZY day! Let me tell you, these goofy things are all the rave at colleges. Instead of toga parties, they have Snuggle parties. Now, if they just made them with nursing flaps, we'd be all set! (Julie you are so funny/crazy!!!!)

L-L is for LOSER and can't get gifts that go with the fall theme! Check out the bottoms of these comfy things. Perfect to wear to car pool line or just around the house. They're not pretty, but its all about comfort. Put these on with the Snuggly and Danny will be so turned on!

AND if that's not all...

Some how this little accent piece ended up in my bag. I promptly summoned my man Dan to hang it on my freshly painted "pebble gray" kitchen wall. Me likie!


My Review:
Okay, LOVE the Snuggly. It needs to be stated that this is not the "As Seen On TV" Snuggie. IT IS BETTER! Theirs is just a cheap fleece. Mine is nice, soft, chocolate brown, microfiber! I wore it last night and Danny called me Friar-tuck. I didn't care I was so warm and cozy!

The Pumpkins are very nice and although they don't quite go with Tom, they do look good on my kitchen table. Besides, Tom is currently tangled in some grape vine I'm trying to decorate with. It's not working!

Slippers! I could live in slippers-nuff said!

The gift card! Julie, this moved to Georgia/Florida for 7 years and back momma of 5 kiddos needs some new Virgina winter clothes! Thank you so much sweet girl!

And lastly, someone went triple Dub'ya (way,way,way), overboard! Julie Day, you are one special friend! Thank you SO much. You always brighten my day!


Me and Julie 9 years ago at a Pamper Chef party. In this picture, Julie is about 20 pounds heavier than she is NOW (can you believe that?) and I am of course prego with baby #2! Who would'a thunk?

9 comments:

Momofgirls said...

Oh, Denise, you will LOVE all your "VERY appropriate for a girl who just moved back to a cold region" gifts!
Great Theme for Denise, Julie!! You did great! My Shae wants one of those funny blankies too! Maybe I will get her one for Christmas, now that she will be a "Burg-er" next year!!

Happy Fall Sweet Denise!! XOXO

Donna said...

Wow! The Fall Swap is a HIT this year! Julie--nice gifts. All of them are SO nice and yes, you went WAY above the limit, I'd say:)

I've wondered about those snugglies. They kind of remind me of Mom's one piece sweat suit she used to wear (you know that pink one!!). But I bet they would be comfy on a cold night.

Unknown said...

Julie Day, you crack me up. Great gifts! Great humor. Denise, you might win the award for your posting creativity. Youiced JD's humor and put a cherry on top. Laughing at Tom tangled in the grapevine and FriarTuck! Love it all.

Dolly said...

Whoooh, me was confused why my pic was on your blog, then I realized I was the delivery girl.

Yes, Julie went way above and beyond and gave some nice stuff! I especially loved the Snuggy on you. You need to get a pic of it Denise. I bet that's what you'll be wearing every Sunday when you come home from church from now on. hahah!

Happy Four said...

What a great post and amazing gifts...love it all! I love swaps and hope we do one for Christmas and Valentine's or Easter...please!

jday said...

Thank you Dolly for picking up and delivering Denise's gifts!! And Denise, you crack me up! I'm glad that you liked everything!

About that picture... I think I was pregnant with Peyton and just didn't know it yet!! She's 4 months younger than Dan Dan. How far along do you think you are there?? Was that a Pampered Chef party or Tammy Lashey's baby shower??

Jennifer said...

Another good fall swap gift! By the way, I just noticed on the fall swap rules that relatives cannot give to each other. Is that a new one? There are so many Reber girls that it could get a little tricky. Anyway, just noticed that.

Love the off-brand Snuggie. Why do I contemplate buying one of those every time I walk past them in Target? I think I picture Don giving me his "are you kidding me?" face and then I just keep walking. Not that flannel pj's are any better though.

Can't go wrong with the gift card!

Okay, and Denise you look 12 in that picture. If JD is 20 lbs lighter now than we may need to stage an anorexia intervention...she's so thin in that picture. Looking good, girls!

jday said...

My sweet and wonderful friend is GROSSLY over-exaggerating the weight thing! I love food WAY too much to be anorexic! And I'm certainly not shy at the dinner table!!

Kristi Smalley said...

Denise, you are hilarous! I rolled at the Friar Tuck comment. You do need to take a picture of you in your goodies. You need to buy Danny one for Christmas and make sure it is in a hideous color.

Julie Day, you did great! All the gifts were wonderful. I loved the cute picture of both of you. Now, how did you guys meet again?